An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break. --Chinese legend

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Red couch

Today was a free day while Veronica took our paperwork to the American consulate. Kevin took David to the hotel playroom while I waited in the room. I got the call around 11:00 that all our paperwork was complete. We're good to go to pick up his visa and swear him in tomorrow.

This afternoon we took the obligatory group baby picture on the red couch in the White Swan. Veronica had a professional photographer take the pictures, so we don't have one to post yet. David cried during all but the first couple of takes because he wanted to be held. It was very sweet and very sad.

As I post this, David is once again enjoying the company of the Heath kids. Their 4 year old son Jackson loves piggy back rides with his dad and was offering David a ride on his own back--all in Chinese--very cute.

We also want to wish David's orphanage-mate Mason Kate a successful surgery and speedy recovery from her palate repair. I can't get to her blog, but I seem to remember the surgery being scheduled for the end of our time here in China. We'll be thinking about her.

Last night Kevin teaching David about lethargy
In the hotel after our red couch picture. Check out David's authentic duds.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that David knows all about lethargy, Kevin can teach him the proper location for an LP. He's almost ready to be a Loyola resident!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are almost home!!! It will be so great to finally have your family at home. Have a nice flight, I hope you have some DVDs or some good cartoons for the long ride. See you soon.
Love, Kari

Dad and Mom M said...

Lethargy ?? Actually it appears to me that Kev is VERY hard at work teaching David the fine art/proper form to do "The Wave".
I say this with great confidence as this is exactly how Kev and I looked when I was teaching him that very same skill a while back.
Later,
Dad, Rich, Grandpa M

Anonymous said...

I am hoping you guys keep up the blog when you come home. This is such a bright spot in my day. Wanted to wish you a smooth flight home and hope you ALL get a chance to sleep. Mara, do they have Benadryl in China? Looking forward to meeting my new great nephew!!!
Love,
Aunt Barb

Beth and Ryan said...

Thank you so much for remembering Mason-Kate! We are home now and doing well. I have really enjoyed following you guys along on your trip! Glad it has all gone so well for you...Safe travels home!
Beth