An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break. --Chinese legend

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pictures pictures and more wedding pictures!

I've posted an album of more pictures, you can see here. Also, if anyone out there has a picture that shows my actual face, please send it my way. I've probably looked at about 300 pictures from the wedding so far and have yet to see the whites of my eyes. Just curious how I looked.
As you can tell, the wedding really was lovely. I think everyone had a blast. I know the 3 of us did. The bride was radiant, and Dave looked happier and more handsome than I've seen him in my 14 years of being his pseudo-sister. (Dave, don't get used me being nice. Just because you got yourself a hot wife doesn't mean I'm going to stop making fun of you.) Hopefully they are currently having an amazing time on their honeymoon in Guadalupe.
In the world of David (and let's face it, that's what the people want when they read this blog), some highlights of the wedding were:
  • David's tuxedo shoes were way too tight. They dug in to his fat little feet and left marks, so he ran around barefoot and eventually decided he wanted his gym shoes for the ceremony.
  • We used jelly beans as bribes to get David into his tux and to participate in various wedding related activities that aren't particularly fun when you're 3. The problem: he sucks on the things instead of chewing them and still had one in his mouth from long before the ceremony when it was go time. Naturally, it fell out his mouth mid-sermon.
  • David announced just before the vows that he had to go potty, so he and I missed perhaps the most important part of the ceremony. Fortunately, we made it back for the ring swap; and we were quiet enough that I don't think the bride even realized we were disrupting her wedding.
  • David loved the band and clearly had a crush on their lead singer. He stood and stared at her for half the night. He must have made an impression on the band, too, because by the end of the night, they'd given him drumsticks, candy and the award for "Best Air Guitar."
  • The kid stayed through the entire reception. We left at midnight, and he didn't fall asleep until the ride home. We kept asking him if he wanted Ramma and Nahnee to take him home, and he refused. He was up at 6:30 Saturday morning, and let me tell you that he is significantly less fun on 6.5 hours sleep.
  • He was also well known to the staff at Hotel Baker. Everywhere we went, people we didn't know were calling him by name. The bartender loved him, and so David ended up drinking more juice than I've let him have in the last 6 months. Literally. At the end of the night, we went upstairs so that Kevin could change out of his tux, and as we got off the elevator some woman who works there said, "Hi, David!"

4 comments:

Life in Green-Land said...

beautiful wedding! really cool reception hall! LOVE David's Tux tee! Perfect!

Life in Green-Land said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life in Green-Land said...

ok... not it makes me look all weird b/c it says "Post removed by author." Like I put something bad... it just posted my first comment twice... maybe now i will be in the running for most comments about a wedding of two people i don't know... ;)

Anonymous said...

A GREAT time was had by all....thanks for putting this together Mara !!