An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break. --Chinese legend

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Mother's Day trip to Kinkos

This post might disappoint as it has minimal David content. I have OCD when it comes to pictures. I like them labelled and organized and displayed in various forms for people to enjoy. For Mother's Day weekend, I gave myself the gift of ignoring the filthy house and indulging my OCD. I reassembled the photo boxes that Snoopy destroyed during some of her romps on the mantle. (Honestly, I don't know what you're supposed to do with a dog who can get onto the mantle.) I framed a few more David pictures and took a big risk by putting them (and the photo boxes) back on the mantle and built in shelves in our living room. We'll see how long it is until Snoopy takes an interest in them. I also took a few pictures from back when cameras all used film to Kinkos to scan. Now that I know how quick and relatively inexpensive it is, there will no doubt be more. Here, for your enjoyment, are a few random highlights from the first batch.

One year later, and here it is finally: our travel group photo.
Front row: Mika, Vicki and Cora Tsang (David Tsang was visiting with family the day we took this picture); me and David; Marsha and Jackson Heath; Mary Anne, Daniel, Catie and Josh Klenske
Back row: Christa, Barry, Lucy and Abaigeal Breakwell; Kevin; Rebekah, Emily and Paul Heath; two sisters from Glenview, IL who adopted from another province and who joined our group in Guangzhou...I can't remember their names, but their mother (who was travelling with them) informed us that there was nothing to do in Hong Kong other than shop. Really?



Schwartz-Heller reunion (Kevin's mom's family), Maui 2004: Do you know which twin is Lil and which is Lori?
The future Great Grandma Lil with my brother's pet snake, June 2002

Me and Kevin at Pawley's, July 1996 My Krzyzewskiville tentmates from 1996

My girlfriends from elementary school, winter 1995
Cinderella and Off White (me and Leslie) all dressed up for Halloween (1983ish?)
Cute cousins: Allison, Mara and Julie LaBorde Baby me with my great grandmother
My dad covered in chocolate milk. My grandfather posing with a skull. I am told he also used to bring home pieces of skin from the gross anatomy lab to torment his sisters. Nice.

1 comment:

Jennifer S said...

Thank you for finding an old school picture that DIDN'T have me in it (and yes, I mean it - I'm not being sarcastic;)

I love David's new travel map - very cool. Very funny, too, because I read 'Oh, the places you'll go' to Haley for the first time tonight. She played close attention, but I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it more than she did. It was my copy from high school, too ;) We look forward to seeing you all next weekend!