An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break. --Chinese legend

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I'll pick up where I left off: Gotcha Day. I think David had a really good day. He woke up in a good mood with his traditional shouting: "Mama! Out! Dada! 'Mon!" It didn't take him long to spot his present, a toy guitar, which he has definitely enjoyed. He helped me ice the cupcakes for his party before I went to work. And by help, I mean he ate the frosting off of one while I worked.
Alma told us that the party was a hit and that David was a very good host. He ushered his friends from room to room and made sure no one was left behind. He shared his toys and my piano, which is saying something, because he usually doesn't even let me play the piano. He also put on a show at lunch. He has learned that people think it's funny if he fake laughs. I guess this is his new fake sneeze. He scrunches up his face, grins and then either claps his hands or slaps his hand on the table. It's hilarious.
We had a yummy dinner that night at Szechuan Beijing. David charmed our waitress and had an excellent view of the trains going to and from the Harlem Ave. green line stop.
David with his guitar
Ashley, Fiona and Jackson on the piano. The group enjoying lunch. David fake laughing.

We're going to have to work on his chopsticks technique. Enjoying cupcake #3 of the day.
I would like to mention here that we went to Oberweis for our semi-monthly ice cream fix on Friday. David got his free sundae courtesy of Uncle Adams, and I tried one of their new waffle bowl sundaes. I highly recommend the chocolate peanut butter waffle bowl sundae. If you finish it, you will have a stomach ache, but it's totally worth it. A big thanks once again to my brother for giving us an excuse to go out for ice cream twice a month. We haven't missed a sundae yet.
Chilly weather returned Saturday, so we did the logical thing. We went to a night game at Sox park. It was 46 degrees at game time. Brilliant idea. David had a good time, though. He only made it until about the 6th inning this time before we had to leave our seats. We got some more food and then asked him if he wanted to watch more baseball. He said no, and I was delighted to have an excuse to get out of the cold early, so we left during the 7th inning.

We celebrated Mother's Day today in style. We took Grandma Maas and Great Grandma Lil to brunch at the Signature Room, which is on the 95th floor of the Hancock building. David loved the views (we could see the brown line trains from our seat) and the never ending supply of food. We also let him drink juice, which he almost never gets. He guzzled down a very large glass of oj in no time and is probably going to be very sad when he doesn't get more tomorrow. This afternoon we packed up to go to the zoo when David announced that we were going on a walk instead. So we walked around the neighborhood and played at the park. It was a really lovely day.
David admiring the view, chugging his juice, giving me the stink eye.

The group at our table. The group (minus Kevin) outside the Hancock building.

1 comment:

Lao Lao and Lao Ye said...

Of course you all know how I started my Monday - by checking the blog!

I love the stink face!

XXX000
SC GM