An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break. --Chinese legend

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nonrestorative weekend

It's never a good sign when you're looking forward to Monday. I started my day off on Friday with a mandatory 7:30am meeting. I came home in time to take David to his 3 year old check up. Nothing so relaxing as wrestling your screaming child to the exam table for a blood draw and shot. Later that afternoon, he did a face plant onto the sidewalk and got some nice road rash by his eye. Then when I attempted to go to dinner with my friends, he called me sniffling and crying because he wanted me to come home and put him to bed. Nothing too tragic, but still we all could have had a better Friday.
Yesterday I worked a very busy day at the office while Kevin and David went to Oz park, hung out with Steve and went to the Cubs game. David was so exhausted by his day that he took a 4 hour nap. He was such a pill when he woke up that it took half an hour to convince him to put on his shoes so that we could go to Oberweis for ice cream for dinner. He kept covering his face with his blanket and telling us to go away like a teenager.
David at the park (middle picture is with Dorothy and Toto for Grandpa), stuffing his face at Steve's place
Today I helped Kevin's mom and aunts throw a shower for Dave's fiancee, so Kevin and David were on their own again. Before we went our separate ways, David was extremely helpful in making some guacamole for the shower. He mashed those avacados like no avacados have been mashed before. Then he and Kevin went to the Museum of Science and Industry. I am told that their new exhibit on storms is fantastic.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The kid is only 3 and already acting like a teenager. I think that you guys are in trouble!

Beth and Ryan said...

MK's favorite teenage line, with her arms crossed, is, "Oh FINE!"...emphasis on the "n" sound of that word! She and David will make great teens for sure!

Anonymous said...

WOW !! David and Dorothy and Toto , oh my !!

This is GREAT ! Thanks for thinking of me !


Grandpa