An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break. --Chinese legend

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ain't too proud to beg

I am being sent to jail for muscular dystrophy. On August 4, the Orland Park police will show up at my office and take me to fake jail. I am not sure whether they picked my name out of the phone book or if one of my patients threw me under the bus. Either way, my goal is to raise $1600 bail, which is enough money to send two kids to MDA camp and let them just be normal kids for a while. I'm just over a quarter of the way there. If you can find it in your heart and your wallet, every penny gets me closer to my goal. Check out my fundraising site here.

2 comments:

Lao Lao and Lao Ye said...

Mara, I am going to give the sum total of my lottery winnings for the last month. Unfortunately, that adds up to zero, nada, zilch, a big zippo!

Don't you think David's Nahnee deserves to win the big bucks so David doesn't have to go so long between visits.

Love you,
Dad

Lao Lao and Lao Ye said...

Congratulations! Of course, next year they will want more because you made it before the deadline!!

Good job!

XXXOOO,
'Ramma