An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break. --Chinese legend

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What have I been doing with my time?

I'm not sure why I haven't had time to post in the last week and a half. David had a bad cough, which is now much much better. Between the hacking and the bad vacation sleep habits, we've only just begun to sleep through the night again. It's nice to finally be back in our groove. (That sounds slightly less lame than routine which is exactly what I mean.)
Last weekend while I worked, Kevin and GG took David to Navy Pier. Later that evening, David hit the town with Alma, Sabrina, Alma's cousin and her kids while Kevin and I had a date night with Adam and Laura. We went to see Rod Blagojevich: Superstar, a Second City show at Navy Pier. It was a lot of fun. We definitely need to get out more as grown ups. Both of us had to stop ourselves from pointing out choo choos to Adam and Laura as we drove downtown. On Sunday, we did Lincoln Park zoo and brunch with Godfather Steve.
Last night Kevin spent the night at Nate and Charmaine's house on Evie duty while they welcomed baby Griffin Everett "Finn" to the world. Everyone is doing great, and we are super excited to meet the newest Derdozo!
Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure. (No baby Fin yet, but we'll be barging over there with our camera soon enough.)
At Navy Pier

At Lincoln Park zoo with Steve, and throwing down some brunch at Stanley's.

4 comments:

Great Aunt Barb said...

Rog and I were at Navy Pier Saturday for dinner, catch the Harry Potter movie, and watch fireworks - suprised we didn't run into you - it's such a small space! Glad you enjoyed your night out and back to posting. Was having 'David' withdrawals. Really enjoyed the pics from SC.

Beth and Ryan said...

LOL at David's shirt!

Beth and Ryan said...

Getting back in line anytime soon? There are talks here.

Alexa said...

I hear ya on the post vacation sleep adjustment! It's been two full weeks, and Braedan is still waking up between 3 and 4 am every night! Can't wait to get back in our groove!!!
You guys stay so active - I'm very impressed! I wish we had so many fun things to do in Columbia. It's been making me think we need to move to Chicago! :-)