An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break. --Chinese legend

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Is it spring yet?

David kicked off this week with a Valentine's party at Fiona's house. He had heart shaped pizza and cake and played with some of his friends from our block. I know he had a great time, and I know Alma must have enjoyed breaking up the monotony of another winter day stuck inside.
Look out, Peyton Manning! A very dark picture of Jackson, Olivia, Jacob, David, Fiona and the back of Ashley's head.
Friday morning we had a play date with Megan, Nick and Julia. Sorry, no pictures, but we really enjoyed having them over. I also discovered that when properly motivated, Snoopy can jump the baby gate at the top of our very steep stairs to the second floor. That dog is nuts.
Friday night into Saturday, we got about 5-6 inches of snow. We attempted to take David out Saturday morning for some sledding. Proving once again that he is my son, he wanted nothing to do with the cold and snow. We spent more time trudging to and from the park 3 blocks down the street than we did on the sledding hill. He did seem a bit more interested in helping us shovel. I'm sure that this interest will vanish by the time he's actually old enough to do it.
Saturday afternoon I actually left the house sans David and went to see "He's Just Not That Into You" and then to dinner with a few of my friends. The movie was a very cute little chick flick. While I was out, David and Kevin got to hang out with Evie and Nate. They had pizza, and Kevin said it was fun to watch the kids really play with each other instead of just along side each other.
Today we went to our friends' daughter's third birthday party. There was an indoor carousel and lots of play equipment to climb on, not to mention tons of food, which David ate and ate and ate... We had a great time. Happy birthday, Veda!
The only other news is that I've been sucked into the dark world of Facebook this week. I knew it would happen eventually, but I decided to bite the bullet when I heard that some families have been able to use Facebook to find contacts in their children's finding towns that they feel will be helpful in tracking down foster families and birth families. We'll see if I have any luck.

1 comment:

Lao Lao and Lao Ye said...

Love the glasses! Evie's smile is wonderful!

XXXOOO
SC GM